Thursday, August 12, 2010

Summer!

I'm in Ottawa, Ontario right now, visiting my grandparents for the entire glorious month of August. I look forward to this all year, and now that the time has finally come, I am savouring every second of my time here. What I hate about it, though, is that as the days go by, I am dreading the end of the month, and that makes going back to school seem much worse than it really is. I don't even mind school that much, but you can't really blame me for favouring the temporarily relaxed lifestyle of summer. You can do anything you want, from sleeping in, to sneaking out of bed in the dead of night to go to a party with your friends. (I actually did that a couple weeks ago. We stuffed pillows inside our sleeping bags to make it look as if they contained bodies and then climbed out the window. That was actually kind of pointless because my dad probably would have let us go anyways if we asked, but sometimes it's fun to feel bad-ass.) I love being able to waste your whole afternoon reading poetry without worrying about the fact that your science project is due tomorrow. It's just a really nice break from everything. Hope you're all enjoying your summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment