Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Disease Of Perfectionism

It took such a long time for me to customize my blog template yesterday, it was absolutely ridiculous. Being somewhat of a perfectionist, I find it very difficult to make up my mind, and this was no exception! After finally deciding on a background, I worried over all the other options. It must have taken me an hour at least to get it the way I wanted it! If you are a perfectionist, or know someone who is a perfectionist, you know exactly what I'm talking about. It amazes me that the littlest things can seem so important. A particularly strange habit I have is making sure the fridge door is closed. After I take something out, I'll press my weight against the door. And sometimes when I'm watching t.v. or doing something equally unrelated to the fridge, I'll spontaneously get an urge to go inspect the suction seal that holds the door closed. Are any of you people perfectionists? Assuming anyone is reading this besides me, which I doubt, feel free to comment and tell your own stories or whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment